SPORTS Premium Funding
Sports Funding Statement
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
What is Sports Premium?
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England-The Primary PE and Sports Premium. The funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional ‘Change 4 Life’ sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or resources for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and residential visits
At Kings Rise Academy we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, it is considered that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
The governors agree that the money must be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability.
At Kings Rise Academy we will continue to place a high priority on our PE provision and our sports funding allocation will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing more sports professionals and participating in more competitive sports opportunities.
Click on the images to view the impact of Sport Premium
Sports Premium Impact 2021